Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Age of AI


Whilst watching the Frontline documentary In the Age of AI, much was to be learned about privacy and other forms of security as the innovation of AI is increasing by the day. Technology has always been around, but with COVID and other worldly issues the thought of technology taking over the world is slowly diminishing. The threat to our privacy was alarming, learning about the different ways that technology is evolving and becoming a threat to our privacy and our national security. Knowing that someone could be watching my every move is terrifying, and everyone should be more informed on how to combat this. Artificial Intelligence is one of the scariest pieces of technology that I can imagine to this day. Knowing that there is something out there that every day is becoming closer to resembling a human is terrifying, and not only that it is being programmed to act and emote as a human. This could also be applied to places where we are already established, like online. There is a program out there that shows an ad, or a post on social media and takes feedback on how we react to know which ads to show us next, I cannot imagine a computer knowing me better than I know myself, it is mind-boggling to even think about.
This also ties into privacy and security because this program is taking the data that is on our cellphones, or our personal computers and making it public for them to review. The same could be argued for our national security, there are programs that are being made to decrypt classified documents and could even break into severely classified documents that are highly classified for a reason. Overall, it is terrifying to think that one day the world could be run by technology and AI, but every day it is looking more and more like a possibility. With the rise of generative AI and resources like Chat GPT, resources that we have used all of our lives will soon diminish and become obsolete because there will no longer be a use for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Relationship with Technology

My relationship with technology is flawed, but I feel most people would feel the same. I know that I am addicted to my phone, as most people...